Thursday, October 22, 2015

Siberian traps Presentation




https://drive.google.com/a/oakgrovesd.net/file/d/0B5eG7Vuz_Nq8SXdGdi11NGdxUE0/view

This week we presented  landform detective project.We did the Siberian Traps. We presented our project in front of the class. When we presented our project we used Ignite Presentations.  They advance the slides automatically every fifteen seconds. 

Backward Looking: Before I started this project I did not even know that most of these landforms existed. I had never heard of the Siberian Traps and it stood out at me. I was mostly intrigued by it when I found out it was actually a volcano. Also, this is one of the world's coldest places. I really was surprised. It was also a very deadly eruption. So, I just thought that was crazy and interesting.

Inward looking: I really liked our work. I am very proud of what we did. I wish that for the presentation we would have gone slower because we felt rushed. I also wanted to show of the model more, so that was a bummer. For the most part, it was a great project and it was fun to do. I really think it was cool to learn about.

Outward Looking: I think that our presentation style was like everyone in our class. Most people did the same thing where they had to talk so fast. So, we were not the only ones. I do think that we did are model different though. Most people used just paint or clay but we used actual dirt. So we were different in that way. I also think that even though are mountains were different. I felt our model was unique to many of the other presentations. 

Forward Looking: I wish that we had stuck to the plan to let Frank be the presenter for our group. Unfortunately, one of our teammates  wanted to see who would be best for the job. It was a little bit of a power struggle.  Then she got to be it and she got really stressed out. So in that regard, I wished we would have just let Frank present as planned. Otherwise, the overall project was great. However, that is what I would have changed if it were possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment