Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Invasive Species Project Blog

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Potamopyrgus_antipodarum_2.png
Summary:  The New Zealand Mud Snail is an invasive species. What is an invasive species you may ask? Well , an invasive species is a species introduced into an area that its not native to. Plus on top of this invation they harm the ecosystem. Specifically for the New Zealand Mud snail they harm by taking resource. How much resource could this little snail consume? Well actually they consume half of the resource! These little snails repopulate extremely fast meaning there could be billions of these snails. Can't you see these snails could cause a crisis!

Backwards Looking: What process did we go through to produce the video? To make this video it took a lot of preparation. When you are creating an informational video you need to make sure all of your facts are set in stone. This is the kinda of thing that is supposed to help people, to save people. This project didn't just take a while to create but the research was a huge aspect. So I would say step wise you start with a basic idea. For example just picking the animal. Then you do not brief but deep research on many different websites and get all the information. This information can go from fun facts, tips, or just an explanation. Then of course we make a project that you are proud of.

Inward Looking:How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work? This project is really something great in my opinion. I felt like we did a really good job and actually thought the near due date just made my productivity better. One thing I did really like about the project is when I made the video even though it was due soon I felt there was enough flexibility that I was still comfortable. That's why the theme of our video is more about the entertainment. I did dislike though that I felt like I still could be 100% confident with it. I didn't know if it was too unserious. Over all I feel if I could do it over I would find a way to boost my confidence I this video we made.

Outward Looking: Did I do my work like others did? I have a feeling form the presentations I saw we did our final product differently. I don't think anyone else made a video in the class. I think people has an idea that a video would have to like an infomercial and all serious. I think that's why not many people picked it. It all about making it your own. That's why I thought making a video would  be the best option. Videos give you that full range of creativity. I know this mostly comes from that I was looking at this project the entire time as something to do and make fun. I strive to engage the audience not just inform them. This trait is evident in my work and I hope others notice that.


Forward Looking: What would I change if I could do it again? If I could have changed one thing I would have probably done the video sooner. I feel like we had just finished editing it right before the due date so I felt unprepared. It would have been better if we just did it before the Saturday we worked on it. I think we maybe underestimated some of the time we had to be able to work on putting it all together. Over all this was a great project but being prepared tops all.

No comments:

Post a Comment