Friday, February 10, 2017

Genetics Project Blog


( put picture of trifold)

Summary: Genetics is the blueprints of us. Genetics is referring mostly to genes. Genes are found within our DNA. DNA is the formula to make up who we are. Genes are kinda like code in a game. Without a piece of the code the game would be incomplete. Each gene is like a sentence of code while DNA is  a piece like a level of the game. Now we move on to a bit on GMO's. A GMO is a genetically modified organism. This means you take genes/ code from one organism and put into the DNA/ game of another organism. This can change their looks and traits. Traits are things such as your eye color, and your risks for diseases passed down from your parents. Traits are randomly passed down when a child is conceived. This is why you may have your mom's eyes but also have your dad's chin. Then last but not least we have epigenetics this is when your genes get affected by something outside your body. This is like when you dye your hair is changes the color therefore changing the genes. You can also think of it like if you drop your flash drive in a puddle then you ruin a bit of your game. It's kinda the same thing something from the outside effected the inside of your USB/body.

Backwards Looking: Does this work tell a story?
 In my work for this project I wanted everything to fit together very nicely. This is why in my work everything has its place within the universe. For example Miss. Conception and the villain have a direct relation to each other. They have a sister rivalry and a backstory the intertwines. I also have Miss. Conception not just be a good person  all the time. I have tried to make Miss. Conception relate able  because of her flaws, her fears, and her past. Even in the science I tried to fit it to the character. For example, I did a GMO instead of mutation because she has features of an angler fish so it makes more sense that she got those traits put into her. I hope that it all fit and that it did really show something interesting to the people that saw it.

Inward Looking: What were your standards for this piece of work? Did you meet your standards?  
For this project I think I did really good. This in my opinion is some of my best work. I could even tell just from my presentation that I really knew what I was talking about I felt really confident compared to other subjects i've learned. Another thing is I found myself aiming for the best. Especially when it came to the writing portion. I made sure to add lots of details and show my understanding of the topic. My standards were mostly to be above average and get my work done and make it interesting. I feel I really did pass these expectations.

Outward Looking:  If someone else were looking at the piece, what might they learn about who you are? 
 If someone was to look at my work I believe they would see two things about me. First of all you may see my creative side. I expressed this though all my art work and my writing. In this project it was a lot about how much you were willing to do. The coolest parts were usually the creative portions so really your project relied on how much time you spent working of making that great. Next of  all from my project you can probably tell that I am a bit of a perfectionist in a way. When it came to this project every character and science aspect has its place within the universe. Kinda like tetris I made sure the story the characters and the science behind them made fit together as clean as possible.

Forward Looking: One thing I would change? 
 If I could change one thing it would be the son of Miss. Conception. I feel like he didn't really fit in as much as I would have liked. If I could do it over I would maybe make more conflict between him and Miss. Conception. Making the son more of an important character that has effect of Miss. Conception. I just feel I didn't do that portion its full justice. each and every character is different so I think I should have developed more for the son.





No comments:

Post a Comment