Saturday, September 16, 2017

Geologic Time Project Blog



Summary: Geologic time.  The history of well everything. From the creation of the Earth to this very moment in time. Now lets do a run down of the time line. It starts with the Precambrian Era. This is the creation a time when single cell organisms were all over. Only creatures of the sea really existed. Next the Paleozoic Period. The time of change. During this Period the fish vertebrates evolved and the first organisms walked on land. Even the supercontinent Pangea was formed. Next we move to the Mesozoic Period. This was the time of the Dinosaurs. Now that organisms were striving reptile like animals called the Dinosaurs ruled the planet. Plants thrived and the super continent had its big break up. Then the mass extinction struck of course causing the death of all the dinosaurs as we know them. Then finally the Cenozoic Period. This is when the world started to look more like it does currently.  Humans appeared along with many mammals. Those Humans and Animals evolved and the rest lead up to where we are right now.

Backwards Looking:  In what way have you gotten better at this kind of work?
During this process i've learned a lot about Persistence. Persistence is what group projects require. You need to be able to do the work you need to do no matter the struggles. You have people that depend on you and because of that you need to pull through. I've learned that even when it may be difficult. In that regard I am so much better at Teamwork because of it.

Inward Looking: What did I find frustrating?
I found it quite frustrating when I ended up having to do more work then what my fair share was. It ended up taking a lot of my time. It was just very frustrating to take on work that was not meant to be my own. Yet of course going back to Persistence that hard work and time I put in wasn't worth nothing. Now that the time has passed even if I was frustrated before the project is better for the sacrifice I made of my time and a little bit of my sanity.

Outward Looking: What do student particularly notice when they look at your work?
 When the students ended up looking at my groups work they noticed especially one thing. How much time and effort my team put into it. They could see it in our design choice. They could see it in the booklets of info that we had. They could see in in our clay models and pop ups. Every aspect had love and care put into it. It is very clear to everyone that we had effort beyond what was required of us.

Looking Forward:  What's the one thing that you have seen in your classmates' work or process that you would like to try in your next piece? 
Next time I do a piece of work I may want to add some things I saw in my classmates work. For example I especially admired my classmates artistic work on this project. I would want to make it more detailed and more colorful. I would want to add more interactive pieces to my work. Maybe popups on the side or true or false questions. I feel that adds life to a project. Next time I work on a project like this I want to add those things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment