Friday, January 13, 2017

Genetic Engineering

Image result for genetic engineering

Summary: Genetic Engineering is the process of changing an organism by adding more genes or taking out genes to hopefully change their genetic makeup. Genetic Engineering is an extremely difficult process. First you must start out with  an organism with the trait you want to add. Then you take you the genes that create that trait in the organism. Once you have the genes from the organism you sort out from the thousand of genes you've collected and get the ones you will be putting into your organism you want to modify.  Now that you have those genes you have the make them suitable for the organism. Then after  that you start a process called gene method where you have gold particles covered in the wanted genes that are shot into the cells. Now your genes are inside the organism.

S&EP: This week we asked questions and defined problems.  This week we have had to ask many questions about genetic engineering and mutations. For me personally I have been studying genetic engineering and this has brought up many questions for me. Like how do you get the genes from one organism into another organism? Or like how do I frame a story around genetic modification ? Its amazing how research has given me the answers to all these questions. For my story I even used the research to make it realistic on how the process would work. I have also faced many problems with this though. Problems like how complex the process is. I didn't realize how complex it was till i really got into it. Over all though this didn't really matter in the end because I will still finish my story and make it great.

XCC: This week we talked about cause and effect. Researching genetic engineering has really shown me how much adding genes can change an organism. Adding genes is like the cause of the changings the organism will face. Then of course the effect is that your organism may develop a trait like large teeth or a huge mouth like my superhero experienced.  Genetic engineering is of course a very serious version of physical transformation. This cause and effect is very serious and changes the organism forever and even the offspring. Its crazy what science can do right?

No comments:

Post a Comment