Thursday, November 17, 2016

Human Body Redesign 2.0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-YZRNKCrN-a3F2Z0hvYkl4b1dUd2dEV0dzVUVLQ1V6LVBj
Summary: During this project I learned a lot about the esophagus and the digestive system. First of all the esophagus has one major problem. Acid reflux. Acid reflux is when your stomach acids come up and burn your lower esophagus.This causes pain to many people in the USA and the world. My team and I decided we needed to find how to fix this. Of course to do this we needed to find the source of the problem. That is the mucosa. The mucosa is what the interior of the esophagus is made of. The mucosa can burn. This is when things got simple. What doesn't burn easily? Muscles! This is when we got our design. I learned that adding smooth muscle would be the best way to get rid of the burning. We decided to chose smooth muscle and the project was complete!

Backwards Looking: Before we started this project I didn't not know as much as I knew now but I had a general understanding of it. Any time that I had researched it before it was only general facts. I have never gone this in depth with any other system and I have feeling it was very beneficial. Getting to see how a everything works deeper than just the first layer made me see the digestive system very different.

Inward Looking; For this project I did have a few goals. One of the goals was to have an interactive presentation. When I heard that we should not do a presentation  because it was boring I knew we had to make ours special. I had a feeling people would either just still do a presentation or do a video. So one of my first goals was to find a presentation that would engage our audience. My second goal was to make sure we had all our work done within the time. This may seem like a silly goal because of course you must do that, yet there was a point when I really thought we would not be able to get this project done. So I made a goal that we must get it done in whatever ways we can. Then finally my last goal. My goal was to make sure my presentation was fun. Since we added the skit and other fun things to the presentation I wanted to make sure I was having loads of fun. My thoughts are even if you mess up people will respect you if you just go for it. Thats a lot more impressive than the person that just does nothing and shies away.

Outward Looking: I feel that we did our work very differently than the rest of the groups. First of all we were behind everyone. We took a lot of our time to get our redesign idea. Looking through at our idea now I can tell that paid off. Since we did extensive research our idea was very well planned. Then after that we also were the only group to make a 3d model.  This was very surprising because usually people like to do that but no this time we were alone. Then last of all our presentation. Our presentation was more of a skit and ignite presentation. This was unlike anything anyone else did. It was almost out of the box in my opinion. In the end I felt that ours stood out because of our changes.

Forward Looking: Next time I would like to work on a few things. The main thing I would like to work on is focus. During this project I struggled a lot to focus on the task. This made it hard for me and my team. I just was really struggling to keep my attention on all the facts. I think though that just the reading and reading of articles bored me so I struggled. Another thing is I would like to have practiced the script. Before we presented we had never practiced so I was worried. Over all though it was a wonderful project with a wonderful group  making it an even more wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment